1st Electric is a fast-paced, growing electrical company specializing in residential, commercial and emergency projects, as well as generator and solar installation. 1st Electric serves customers in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM), and across Nova Scotia.
Our goal at 1st Electric is to give our customers high quality service in a friendly and professional manner. Our employees establish a relationship with our customers and perform their duties cheerfully, faithfully and diligently.
We are dedicated to being the best at exceeding customer expectations, offering prompt service and fully trained technicians. We want to anticipate our customer needs and remain current in the industry and with changing technology. We strive to create the safest work environment possible.
We seek the best and the brightest at 1st Electric, and we are looking for a highly qualified Accounting Office Manager to join our team. This position reports to the Owner and requires a high degree of attention to detail, time management, organization, problem solving, in addition to the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
The Accounting Office Manager provides comprehensive managerial support to the Owner by effectively coordinating the day-to-day administrative and accounting operations of the company.
This support includes but is not limited to:
Administrative Duties such as; employee relations, recruitment and management, customer relations, policy development and implementation.
Accounting duties, such as; payroll, invoicing, WCB, HST remittances, year end T4s, weekly deposits, balance sheet reports, accounts payable, accounts receivables, collection of money, financial statement preparation etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-Secondary diploma in the accounting, office administration or business administration field required (Undergraduate degree is an asset)
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience providing Managerial support to large organizations
- Experience within a large electrical or construction company setting preferred
- Attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Motivated, self-starter
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced abilities in all facets of modern office practices and technologies
- Experience utilizing technology to create efficiencies and streamline tracking and retrieval of information
*Personal vehicle required, as there is no public transportation access along the job route.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by Wednesday December 30th, 2020. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$27.00 per hour